Sunday 26 July 2009

Conspiracy theories abound at Gold Cup

Canadian national team goalkeeper Greg Sutton was blogging for CBCSports.ca during the CONCACAF Gold Cup. This is his final entry.

I thought about how I was going to write my final blog and how to approach it. There's only one way and it's a conspiracy theory, so please bear with me.

I'm sure most of you saw the game this past weekend where we lost 1-0 to Honduras in the quarter-finals of the back of the net. It was a game where we played well, but just couldn't find the back of the net. Honduras scored when they were awarded a penalty kick in the first half, which, in my eyes and in most fans' views, was not a penalty. And that is where my conspiracy continues.

read more at http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/07/conspiracy_theories_abound_at.html

No comments:

Post a Comment